Niche Academy and Ryan Dowd’s next live training will take place on Thursday, April 7. It’s the first of a special 3-month series on Mental Illness. All the information is below.
Our organization has an annual membership and you can sign up to receive each month’s registration link directly under the following information:
- Membership: TOPEKA AND SHAWNEE COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Kansas)
- Email Address: email@example.com
https://bit.ly/MonthlyWebinarSignupup to signup. For now, once you’ve taken a monthly class, please fill out a training completion form through our Intranet Training Home website.
Below is a description of the April, May, June new 3-part series.
Live Training Series
We’re so excited to kick off a training series on Mental Illness! If you’d like to join us live, you’ll need to register for each training individually using the links below (if the links don’t work, type them in your browser). Recordings of the live trainings will be available via Zoom for 4 weeks following the trainings and will be uploaded to Niche Academy within 5 days.
PART 1 – Mental Illness: How to handle problematic behavior (April 7, 1:00-2:30 Central Time)
- How to deal with GOOD days and BAD days
- What to do when someone is disruptive or potentially dangerous
- How to respond to someone with delusions (and the two types of delusions you should be concerned about)
- REGISTRATION LINK: https://bit.ly/Mental_Illness_Part_1
PART 2 – Mental Illness: Basic introduction to mental illness (May 26, 1:00-2:30 Central Time)
- Basic overview of the major mental health conditions
- Special focus on schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and personality disorders
- REGISTRATION LINK: https://bit.ly/Mental_Illness_Part_2
PART 3 – Mental Illness: Live Q&A with Dr. Eric Ward and Ryan Dowd (June 9, 1:00-2:00 Central Time)
Have a question about the training or how to handle a specific situation? Now’s your chance to ask an expert! Dr. Eric Ward (Doctorate in Psychology, entire career working in mental health) will co-host a Q&A with Ryan and answer your tough questions.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://bit.ly/Mental_Illness_Part_3