There are two ways to access department and global files from your workstation:
In a Browser
Login to office.com with your library credentials and select SharePoint.
- Every group you are a member of should appear as tiles in the main page
- Shortcuts to your groups are also listed in the OneDrive left nav-bar.
How to find L-drive files (departments are the same):
- Open the Global tile.
- Navigate to the Documents area – find it in the left nav-bar.
- Open the folder called Global Drive
Sync to your workstation
Setup is required to add local links in your File Explorer on your workstation:
- Start from the browser and login to office.com with your windows credentials and select SharePoint.
- Navigate to your dept documents or whichever folder you want to create a shortcut to.
- In the menu bar at the top of your screen, select the Sync option.
- It will take a few minutes and after syncing your File Explorer should include these two locations:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t see your department or global in SharePoint or you are missing files.