The Beanstack admin site is where to go to look-up and update accounts, log time and activities, and redeem rewards. Here’s a few tips on how to accomplish those tasks. Read on or print the PDF!
Encourage customers to register through the customer site or the app! There are three types of accounts available:
Individual: Select “I am registering myself.”
- When the patrons have their own email, and do not want to be part of a family account.
- Patrons will log in and track independently of anyone else in the family.
- Patrons will be automatically enrolled in the right program based on their age or grade in fall.
- An individual account can’t be added to an existing family account without losing progress and prizes earned.
Family: Select “I am an adult registering a child.”
- Everyone in the family can access account with the same username and password.
- Each member can track progress and earn prizes at their own pace.
- Each member is automatically enrolled in the right program based on age and grade in the fall
- Any member can pick up prizes earned without the adult (account creator) present.
Groups: Log for whole group at one time
- The account creator is the only person registered, and logs and picks up all prizes earned by the group.
- The whole group earns badges at the same time.
- Select a representative age or grade to determine which program the group will follow
Groups: Log individually
- Provide all readers’ names (or add them later) as they will earn prizes at their own pace
- Members can redeem their prizes individually if their names are in the system.
Account information can be accessed in the People section [People > Find a person] on the Admin side. Everything can be managed from the icons in the result list – log time/activity, redeem rewards, view activity, and enroll readers in available programs.
Logging Reading & Activities
Log reading and activities from the result list or the reader’s summary pages.
Log for the whole family, all-at-once, from the account creator’s summary page
When a child or parent pick up their reward, make sure to record it on their Beanstack record!
Log rewards from the result list or the reader’s summary page [under the Unearned badges section]
Rewards are distributed in the kid’s library or on the bookmobiles, while supplies last.