1 Reading History Function
The recent Polaris upgrade broke the activate/deactivate function in BiblioCommons. Both vendors know about the issue and are working on a solution. In the mean time, we should be able to activate this feature in the client for the customers that inquire.
2 New List Editor Preview
Tomorrow BiblioCommons will be previewing a new list creation and editing interface visible to staff only! They had a number of goals in mind with this redesign:
- Make it responsive. Both the editing interface and view other users see is responsive, so it works as well on a smartphone or tablet as it does on the desktop. That’s critical as more and more traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Distinguish lists from shelves. Our research shows that not all customers are clear about the difference between shelves and lists. The changes are designed to reinforce that the two are separate by making them visually different.
- Encourage sharing of more thoughtful, curated lists.
- Declutter the interface to simplify the list-creation process.
- Facilitate the making of readalike lists, as a distinct list type.
- Improve the visual appeal of published lists.
3 Preview Next Gen Searching
Don’t forget we are part of a small group who is able to Preview Next Gen Searching. Opt in and give them feedback!