Review our meetings and discuss what we want to accomplish with these meetings going forward.
1:00 – Gather
1:05 – Start
- Vision presentation and feedback – Gina
- Group discussion – “As a group, one year from now, how are we better?”
- Introduction to Microsoft Office 365 – Brian, Joey, and Kristin
One year from now, how are we better?
- How programming is better – we’ve reorganized how we program and request
- More cohesive library-side program schedules
- Not siloed – know what each other is working on
- Better informed decisions (Robert – data)
- Able to have frank and hard discussions effectively – built team and trust
- Products from CIG teams will help inform us
- Patrons think as library as more cohesive whole (not limited to specific staff or department)
- Leave meetings with clear action items
- Clear baseline knowledge for all staff with pockets of experience for some
- Access to more productive resources like Office 365 and QMarkets and Communico
- More unified, positive group
- Identify more clear channels for communication with rest of the staff
- Increased public space to meet customer needs
- Redesigned staff spaces with processes and tools in mind (at least a plan)
- Kick ass Gallery space!
- Tapped into unique knowledge of all experts to lead communal learning
- Developed a way to evaluate past decisions and tweak as necessary
- Hear feedback and respond creatively and not be defensive
- Looking more future forward instead of living in present
- Take serious look at our overall service model
- Address falling use numbers
- Determine priorities
- Look at TSCPL @ School
- Stay relevant
- Be prepared for unfortunate incidents (e.g. active shooter training)
- More prepared for handling any customer who comes in the library (additional training)
- Redefine what we mean by outreach and community engagement
- Connect in neighborhoods beyond just BKM
- Is there a lack of trust?
- Know who our strategic alliances are
- What is our role related to the Rescue Mission and homelessness?