These procedures are primarily intended for our Maintenance staff, as they will generally be the first line of defense in this area. However, it is important for everyone to understand what happens in case you get questions from the public.
- Identify item.
- Determine if adjacent items need to be included.
- If they are touching the answer is yes.
- Put on gloves.
- Wrap the items in plastic.
- Books and small items may be placed in plastic bags.
- Larger items need to be wrapped prior to moving them.
- Maintenance has large sheets of plastic wrap.
- Duct-tape the plastic shut to prevent bugs from falling off the items.
- If items are to be treated
- Place them out side the building where they may be retrieved but not re-introduce bugs into the building.
- Place items where they are not visible to the public. The mower shed next to the generator has worked well this week.
- If items are to be destroyed place them in the appropriate trash containers outside the building.
As always, if you have questions, please let me know.