- Customer needs to create or find a 3D object. There are many 3D programs out there including free versions (Google SketchUp, Blender) and fancy puchased options (3DS Max, Maya, Hexagon 2, Lightwave3D)
- Customers need to export the file from the 3D software program to one of these formats: STL, OBJ, DAE or AMF
- Customers will need to import (load) the file into the free software that the Ultimaker uses (Cura). Once the file is loaded they will need to save the file format that the printer needs (gcode).
File > Save GCode
- Customers will need to take the gcode file and put it on an SD card or USB drive. If it is on a USB drive staff will need to transfer the file to an SD card.
- Once here customers will take the card to the service desk and ask for it to be printed.
I will be working on a video/screencast of this but in general this is how it’s done.
Questions don’t hesitate to ask.