Management Team Minutes
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Marvin Auditorium 101BC
We will discuss the updated drafts to the Computer Use Policy and the MIC Handbook. Kristin will present an overview of a new Emerging Leaders program that will replace the Librarian / Leadership meetings.
- Ice Breaker Question – Who is your favorite author and why?
- Computer User Policy – David
- Emerging Library Leaders – Kristin
- MIC Handbook – Thad
Future Guests and Agenda Items
Oct 12 –
Oct 26 –
Nov 9 – Christina Callison – Reference Data Collection
Robert Soria – Statistical Update
Nov 23 –
Dec 14 –
- Favorite authors:
- Scarlett – Sigrid Undset
- Kristin – Justin Cronin
- Jesse – Vince Flynn & David Goggins
- Ivan – Malcolm Gladwell & Tony Hillerman
- Margo – Robert Frost, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, & Margaret Mitchell
- Greg – JRR Tolkien
- Diana – Diana Gabaldon
- David – James Blaylock
- Debbie – Roald Dahl & Jhumpa Lahiri
- Darci – JRR Tolkien, Robert Jordan, and RA Salvatore
- Autumn – BA Paris
- Erin – Lisa Wingate & Judy Christie
- Marie – Harlan Coben
- Paul – John Steinbeck, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, & Joe Posnanski
- Jacquelin – Neil Gaiman and Madeline Miller
- LeAnn – Alice Hoffman, Bill Peet, and Richard Peck
- Thad – Stephen King, Grady Hendrix, and Lee J Ames
- Computer and Internet Use Policy – David provided a review and explanation of changes to the Computer and Internet Use Policy. The 1st reading of the Computer and Internet Use Policy is on the BOT October 21, 2021 agenda under New Business for review and will be placed on the November 18, 2021 BOT under New Business for Action (approval). https://tscpl.org/about/board-of-trustees/packets
- Emerging Library Leaders – Kristin shared and presented on a new program that will be launched November 1, 2021, more information to follow.
- MIC Handbook – Thad provided a brief update and led discussion. Following procedures will be added to the MIC Handbook: media, meetings on demand, and children over the age of 12 years lingering after hours. As reminder, MIC Handbook is a living document.
- Announcements – Jesse shared the below information:
Benefits Open Enrollment in November
After much discussion, it was decided to have in-person meetings this year. The meetings will be on Wednesday, November 3rd at 9:00am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 3:00pm and 5:15pm. The meetings will be held in Marvin Auditorium and social distancing will be observed. Not as many employees will be able to attend each meeting so it will not be like the meetings of the past. Employees will need to space out their attendance more than they have in the past. Once more information is available, we will let you know, and supervisors will schedule employees for meetings.
Current Job Openings
A number of job openings are currently posted. If you are interested, please be sure to complete the steps to apply or if you know of anyone that might be interested in any of the positions please send them our way. The job postings and application form can be found at https://tscpl.org/about/employment.
October 26, 2021
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm