Management Council Notes
April 11, 2019
11:30 – 1:00 pm
Scarlett Fisher-Herreman, Jesse Maddox, David King, Paul Brennan, Thad Hartman, Debbie Stanton, Marie Pyko, Ruth Rodden, Kristin Kelly, Stephanie Hall, Nancy Lindberg, Gina Millsap, Diana Friend, Autumn Friedli, Kim Torrey, Greg Gaul, Margo Rangel, Kelli Smith, Ivan Johnson, John Kugler, Sandy Hestand, Mary Campbell, and LeAnn Brungardt
Call to order
Kim Torrey called the meeting to order 11:35 am and reviewed the agenda.
- Welcome Monique Sendze
- Overview of training program
- Review and discuss policies 11 & 25-37 for Board of Trustees
- Review Leadership Cohort Agenda
Meeting Goals: Discussion and Review
Welcome Monique Sendze
Marie Pyko provided introduction of guest Monique Sendze, Doctoral Candidate
and Dr. Eicher of Grand Canyon University.
Training Program Update
Kristin Kelly provided training program update. She provided a power point presentation, step by step instructions on how to locate the following training materials: New Hire/Transfer Form, New Employee Orientation & Onboarding Checklists, New Employee Orientation Welcome Packet/New Hire Survey, and New Employee Welcome Video. New Employee and Onboard information and training materials can be located on the Intranent under the Staff Resources menu > Human Resources page
Personnel Policies [11 & 25-37] for Board of Trustees
Jesse Maddox, Human Resources Director reported on policies that will be presented to the Board of Trustees personnel policies 11, and 25-37 subject to receipt of full policy manual. For further please go to the TSCPL website: Board of Trustees Meeting Agendas & Packet-March 2019
Maddox briefly spoke about upcoming changes in finance that will occur within the next couple of weeks. Judy Trecek will oversee purchasing request. The library will have an Accountant and Statistical Research Analyst post. Please visit the libraries website for further information https://tscpl.org/employment/accountant
Area Updates and Reminders
- Nancy – Wilder Society Tea was a great success. Appreciation to all those that assisted and attend the event. Special Thanks to author Alex Grecian.
- LeAnn – Visited the Discovery Center, amazing.
The Week of the Young Child, April 8-12,
Family Place Learn & Play, April 22.
Retirement Reception for Jeri Eckhardt is on April 15th. https://tscpl.org/events
- Mary – The March Book Sale was a success, earning $11,700.
- Sandy – New Adventuremobile is working well. Encountering mechanical issues with van. Cale Herreman has earned a CDL license.
- Debbie – Business Grant workshop was a success.
- Ruth – Anticipates interviewing for PSS Readers next week.https://tscpl.org/about/employment
- Stephanie – Escape Room event was very successful, 114 attendees. Friday, April 19 Escape Room: Back to the Future, total 80’s
- Ivan– Position posted for Custodian (part-time)
- Ms. Gina – Continue to move forward on Broadband initiatives. Develop a manual for telecommunications providers and update website. Recommendations will be provided to JEDO in May. Momentum 2022 – Design workshop.
- Thad – Working with OrangeBoy on net promoter score/survey. Putting together Leadership Cohort CIG and BOT agenda. Would like to provide BOT with more educational presentations focusing on processes resources provided.
- John – Roof is currently being repaired.
Reminder: All Staff Meeting are scheduled for:
Wednesday, May 8
Wednesday, September 4
Wednesday, October 30
Wednesday, December 11
Next meeting: May 14, 2019
2:00 – 3:30 PM
Paul Brennan, Facilitator
Meeting Minutes: Margo