Happy fall holiday week, TSCPL Programmers!
As promised, I wanted to share some possible interpretations of the spring 2022 quarterly programming theme, Resilience. This spring quarter will run March 1 through May 31, 2022. The Gallery will be hosting an exhibition entitled “Resilience: A Sansei Sense of Legacy,” and we thought this might be a great opportunity for our library’s programmers to join in on this direction. In Program Team, it was brought up how spring is the season that reminds us most of resilience with all of its growth after a season of darkness and cold, so here are some of our thoughts on how to program Resilience!
- Mental health talks by experts or mental health awareness programs
- Author talks on this subject/idea
- Programs in celebration of Women’s History Month (March 1–31)
- Programs in celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (May 1-31)
- Storytimes and book discussions featuring AAPI authors
- Cultural programming (food, local businesses, anime/manga, art and literature)
- STEAM projects that “bounce back”
- DIY bouncy balls
- Bouncing bubbles experiment
- Patio or herb gardens
- Drought resistant plants and landscaping
How could you program Resilience in your department or area of interest? Share below, I can’t wait to see your ideas!
For more information on quarterly programming themes, click here for my original Intranet post!