Exciting news! As you may have heard, the Edge is getting ready reopen. You can start directing Teens to the Edge again beginning on November 15th – this rapidly approaching Monday. The Edge’s hours and activities will be different, so let teen users you engage know what to expect. Here is how it will look:
Monday – Thursday, 3-5pm Program Schedule
- 1st Monday of the month will be Writers in Progress (WIP)
- 3rd Monday of the month will be Anyone Can Cook
- 2nd, & 4th Mondays will be Teen Art
- Digital Gaming
- Anime-ted in the Edge
- Tabletop & Card Games
At this point in time, the Edge will be open during the time of the above listed programming Monday – Thursday, 3-5pm only. There is an amazing program in the works for our Friday hours, so stay tuned for that news. We will also be having events for teens outside of regular programming that will utilize the space.
If the teens are looking for something to do or somewhere to spend their time, please refer them to David J’s and the Kids’ Library. Also, feel free to take the time to talk to them and take their suggestions for the best way to serve them in the library. I know that there is an idea that teens can be intimidating, but I promise that they are some of the best, funniest, and kindest people out there.
Make sure they know:
- We have the Edge from 3-5pm for fun programming Monday – Thursday (soon to be Friday). We also have upcoming events outside of our regular programming.
- We have David J’s and the previous Homework Center space for computers and books as well.
- This is a relatively temporary change. In the next 2-3 years we will be implementing a plan to create a bigger and better space for teens.
- We would LOVE to hear feedback from teens as well as suggestions for programming and services! They can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reopening the Edge will allow us to engage with our teen patrons to give them a voice in defining what they need and want from their space in the library as we move forward. Thank you for helping us get the word out and reminding teens that they are wanted and valued here!
Teens can email the Teen Team at email@example.com
Feel free to send teens directly to me as well! Areed@tscpl.org