Our Identity Quest program will have Heritage Grab & Go Crafts for families to pick up Curbside ONLY. There are four different crafts from which to choose. They will be available November 14-21, or while supplies last. They will need to ask for the craft by name. Families may choose up to two crafts to take home.
Information the public will find on the Identity Quest page:
Celebrate your heritage with crafts you can do with your whole family. You can pick up one of these crafts Curbside – November 14-21. Just ask for a Heritage Grab & Go Craft and the name of the craft you would like to try.
These are available Curbside while supplies last: (only these four are available for Grab & Go)
- Kente Cloth-Inspired Paper Weaving – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL6QTVvDTgc and https://kinderart.com/art-lessons/multic/kente-cloth-strips/
- Celebrate the Year of the Rat – http://krokotak.com/2020/01/chinese-new-year-2020-v-year-of-the-rat/
- Tin Painting – https://tinkerlab.com/tin-painting-for-dia-de-los-muertos/
- Gingerbread (Lebkuchen) Paper Hearts – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5EW-uaBwmY
Here’s a few more to do together:
- Celtic Illuminated Alphabet – http://www.supercoloring.com/coloring-pages/full-alphabet-worksheet-2
- Paper Flowers for Shavuot – https://joyfuljewish.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/paper-flowers-for-shavuot-part-1/
- Pony Bead Bracelets – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXshwXpQQa0
- Swedish Dala Horse coloring page – http://www.makinglearningfun.com/t.asp?b=m&t=http://www.makinglearningfun.com/Activities/Geography/DalaHorse/DalaHorse-lines.gif
Share your finished craft with a picture on the library’s Facebook page.