The good news! Many things in Paycom are coming along very well. A number of things will be much more flexible than ADP when the entire program is functioning.
The bad news! We are having a few last-minute hiccups getting the clock in and out part set up. I’m really sorry as I know you all want to do this correctly and time is passing quickly.
So here is where we stand right now on clocking in on Monday morning beginning December 19.
- Do not use ADP timeclocks or the ADP Etime desktop application to clock in or out.
- Timecards in ADP for the previous pay period still need to be finalized and approved on Monday the 19 for the pay date of December 23.
- If you CANNOT get set up on Paycom for Monday – DO NOT WORRY! Just record your times on a piece of paper, excel spreadsheet, whatever you want to use and we will get those correctly entered for you in time to be paid. Your supervisor can enter your time until you can do so on your own.
Setting up your Paycom Employee Account
If you can get setup in Paycom by Monday. Please follow the instructions below. It will be really helpful to either have the Paycom email up on a second screen or print it out as you will need the information a couple times. This will take about 10-15 minutes to complete.
- On December 19 or before, log in using the Paycom desktop application at Paycom.com (There is a Paycom link on the Intranet.) (from any Library computer with internet access) or the iPad kiosks in Circ (west end) and Maintenance (your staff badge may not allow you to enter Maintenance).
- At Paycom.com the Login tab is in the upper left corner.
- Choose Employee from the drop-down menu.
- Emails are forthcoming with user ID, including one-time password for Paycom.com. You will need the last four digits of your Social Security Number. Try to log in asap and notify us if you have problems. The email looks like this:
- It will prompt you to answer your security questions. Please remember what you enter for them.
- Once you are in, you will be prompted to change your one-time password to something you can remember.
- Change your User ID to your email address by clicking on the “My Information” tab on the left hand side of the screen. It will bring up this screen:
- Select Change Password or Username and you will see this screen.
- Select the green button with Change Username. It will bring up a space to enter a new username. We recommend using your tscpl email address for this. Unlike ADP it should be the complete address including .org. This is also where you can go in the future to change your password, should you want to. You will also notice that these passwords do expire and it will eventually prompt you to change it periodically.
Clocking in from a kiosk will require a Paycom-assigned badge number that has nothing to do with TSCPL security badges. Administration will send your badge number to you. You must remember this number in order to clock in at an iPad kiosk. Logging in from a desktop application requires User ID, password and last 4 digits of SSN, but not the badge number.
Rounding rules up or down still apply just as in ADP. The system will show your actual punch and the rounded punch. Time will be recorded based on the rounded punch.
Manager/Supervisors have been through training and can assist with login and clocking in questions. Please remember they are learning this along with you so they may not know the answer to every question, but we will get your questions answered.
The trainers have also gone through training and will be happy to help you.