We want your artwork! At the end of 2020 we want you to be part of our exhibit Humans of the Library featuring you, our amazing TSCPL staff!
The Humans of the Library is an exhibit showcasing the uniquely talented people who work at the library and to help celebrate the library’s 150th birthday. From paintings to sculptures, from book arts to prints, from embroidery to fiber works and everything in between we are offering you a chance to submit your art and participate in this exhibit.
But that’s not all, we also want to honor the strong literary, musical and theatrical arts staff create outside of work. Are you a poet, a playwright, an actor, a dancer, a musician, a composer or a song writer? We want to display your pieces too.
Be a part of the 150th birthday and show our visitors your talent. Each staff member may submit one piece for this exhibit. Like other invitationals, we have some rules we need to stick to.
- 2-D work needs to be framed, no saw tooth hangers accepted and no larger than 96″ x 96″
- 3-D work needs to be no more then 50 lbs and have a footprint no larger than 34″ x 34″
- Exception: Any piece over 96” x 96” or 50 lbs will only be accepted if the artist is able to install the work between November 21-25, 2020.
- Theatrical, dance or musical performance needs to be submitted digitally and be no more than 5 minutes in length.
- We will work with staff to have a live performance of their work if they choose
- Literary works need to be no longer than 200 words.
- If the piece is longer, an adaptation needs to be submitted for display purposes
- Sunday May 24, 2020
Staff Art SubmissionSubmit art to be included in the 2020 Exhibit Humans of the Library.
Objects Delivered to the Gallery:
- Week of November 9, 2020
- November 27, 2020 – Feb 14, 2021
Conditions of Acceptance
- Accepted works may not be removed from the exhibition before February 14, 2021.
- The Sabatini Gallery reserves the right to photograph and reproduce any submitted work for publicity or educational purposes. The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library will retain submitted images of accepted entries as part of its permanent records.
- The Sabatini Gallery encourages potential buyers to contact the artist directly. Neither the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery nor the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library receive any commission on sales.
Return of Work
- Work must be picked up between Feb 15 and 22, 2021. The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library will not insure nor be responsible for any works left after February 22, 2021.
- All accepted entries are covered by the Sabatini Gallery’s insurance while on site from November 9, 2018 – February 22, 2021. The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library will not insure nor be responsible for any works left after February 22, 2021.