We will be moving to our Phase 4 plan for the library beginning Monday April 5th.
More details will be shared before Monday but I wanted to give you the high level view of the next phase.
The changes or additions include:
- Menninger and Anton Room are open for community meetings for up to 6 people.
- Hughes and Perkins will remain spaces that staff can use for lunch or break.
- Team Rooms 1-4 and 6-8 will be available and customers can check them out on a first come, first served basis at the Customer Service desk.
- Grab n Go service is being redesigned in order to streamline the process and reduce the number of steps it takes to implement the service.
- Notary Services appointments will be conducted at the table in the Large Print area where they were in the Fall and still must be booked ahead of time.
- Copy Center will return to self-service and will no longer be free. Copies will be $.10/ page.
- Staff will begin to work in Media, Teamwork Center and Kids Library again in order to add more visibility as well as resolve directional and basic collection help. Each area will have a service point with plexiglass.
- The Learning Center will be closed and the computers in the Media room will be turned back on and incorporated into the Computer Sign Up rotation.
- All the other areas or services are the same as the previous phase.
We will still require customers and staff wear masks and we are still encouraging social distancing and hand washing.
We continue to plan each phase with the goals of being essential and needed services. maintaining safety protocols and ideally maintaining low stress.
I want to thank the Reopening Team for all the hard work on the details for each of the phases. They have been looking at each element and figuring out what will work best for our customers and also our staff.
Reopening Team- Autumn Friedli, Brian Mithen, Carrie Cummings, David Kind, Debbie Stanton, Joey Embers, Karen Watson, Kelli Smith, Lissa Staley, Michelle Stottlemire, Patrick Berry, LeAnn Brungardt, Sandy Hestand, Thad Hartman, Jesse Maddox, Marie Pyko