This is a follow up on how we will organize to best meet our service needs and also maintain social distancing for all of us.
November 16, 2020- January 3, 2021
Just a reminder here are the building hours:
Service and Space Changes
- The meeting rooms will not be open to the public. All programs and meetings that are in person will be cancelled during this time. If feasible library programs and meetings will be moved to a virtual event.
- The Team Rooms will be for a one person use only. (no exceptions) They will still be booked with the Teamwork Center person for up to 2 hours.
- All tables will be set up to accommodate only one person (no groups).
- At this time we are not limiting time at the tables for customers.
The following services will continue:
Customer Service DesK
Curbside Pick Up
Computer Use (2 hours)
Browsing and Check out in library
Browsing Just 4 U
Red Carpet Deliveries
Call Center & LibAnswers- open hours weekdays 9-9, Saturday 9-6, Sunday 12-9
Notary Service (regular hours)- moved to the corner of the Large Print room
Grab and Go Snack
Scheduling and Procedures
All staff will continue to work their standard 40 or 20 hours. Your supervisor is currently working on the hours you will work, the schedule and the assignments. We are dividing the work areas into “pods” so you won’t be working in all areas of the library at this time. The day shift will continue to be either 8:00 or 8:30-5:00 or 5:30. The evening shifts may be a little different. Each department will be working on the evening schedules and will share them with their teams.
This will help with scheduling as well as reducing the number of different staff you will work with each day.
Additionally, supervisors are reviewing what work can be accomplished from home. If you are asked to work some hours from home a new Temporary Telecommuting Agreement will need to be filled out. Supervisors will be working on that as well.
Other duties and tasks
If you are not assigned to the service floor tasks, you will be assigned specific tasks including:
- Shelf Reading
- Virtual programs
Training- Kristin has developed several trainings which can be done individually. The full list will be sent to all supervisors.
- Specific goal work projects
- Planning Meetings- all meetings with either occur on Teams or Zoom. We will not have any face to face meetings during this time.
We know that it is often hard to social distance and also eat lunch during your meal time.
The following rooms can be used for lunches:
- Hughes (2 people)
- Perkins (2 people)
- Marvin 101B (2 people)
- Marvin 101C (2 people)
- Break room (2 people)
- Public Services conference room (2 people)
- Scarlett’s former office – only 1 person
- Bookmobile conference room (2 people)
- Bookmobile breakroom (2 people)
Cleaning supplies will be available in each of these spaces and staff are expected to clean up their space after eating.
Please add any questions or concerns here. Also feel free to talk with your supervisors.
Marie and the COVID 19 Team